UAV or drone surveys are an ideal way to rapidly capture data over a large site; the resultant dataset can be used for detailed design, analysis and visualization.
A UAV survey can provide a wide range of 2D/3D deliverables dependant on the scope of the project; these may include an ultra-high resolution Ortho-rectified mosaic image of the site, 3D mesh, point cloud or video fly-through.
Benefits of a drone survey
- Faster data acquisition. A UAV survey can capture high level of detail over large areas quicker than more traditional survey methods making it cost effective leading to fast project turn around for the client.
- Safer and cheaper surveying. UAV surveys have the ability to capture data without putting the surveyor in dangerous or inaccessible locations – making it a safe and cost effective option for your next project.
- Full 3D site model. A 3D model can be used for site visualisation along with providing a comprehensive dataset which can be returned to for future reference.
UAV survey applications
UAV surveys are applicable to a variety of survey requirements:
- Topographic mapping
- Volumetric analysis (eg. stockpiles, groundworks, cut/fill analysis etc.)
- Coastal monitoring and cliff surveying
- Woodland surveys
- Vegetation condition assessments
- Thermal imaging and analysis
- Archaeological surveys
- Building facade surveys and roof inspections
Our expert service
We begin every project by clearly identifying the data needs of our client. Using our full suite of technologies, we plan the most efficient way to serve the client with the clear, accurate data they need.
We pride ourselves on making clear, concise deliverables to facilitate fast, confident decision-making. These range from basic 2D CAD drawings through to highly detailed 3D models.
We have a dedicated, highly experienced and proactive survey team ready to undertake your next UAV survey. Our pilots have undergone certified training and as a company, we hold Permission for Commercial Operations (PfCO) from the Civil Aviation Authority.