Our utility mapping surveys provide a clear, concise report of assets and infrastructure beneath the ground.
Benefits of a utility detection survey
- Risk reduction. The high standard of our surveys helps you plan and design with confidence around buried services, so you can avoid damage, delays and costs
- Clarity of information. When quality and reliability matters, our utility mapping products provide detail above and beyond ‘go to’ specifications
- Our standard specification meets and exceeds PAS 128 whilst providing measurable efficiencies
- 3-dimensional utility mapping can provide the ultimate tool in design clash avoidance
Utility mapping applications
Our utility mapping surveys can detect:
- Metallic, clay and plastic pipes
- Water pipes
- Drainage and sewerage systems
- Electrical cabling
- Gas pipework
- Telecommunications cabling
- Storage tanks
- Underground chambers
Our expert service
Our utility detection surveys are appropriate for all types of sites, from small areas to large brownfield developments. We can provide complete utility mapping over a given area or focus on one specific asset.
By combining ground penetrating radar (GPR) and electro-magnetic location (EML) technologies, we ensure maximum data capture. This means we can identify metal, clay and plastic infrastructure within the same underground utility survey. Using our dual frequency GPR we also capture data on other buried features such as voids, tanks and covered manholes.
Statutory Service Plan Compilation
We provide statutory service plan compilation, to meet minimum health and safety recommendations before work begins on site. This draws on published information from numerous sources, and forms the basis of designing utility detection survey. (PAS 128 Type D)
Our utility mapping survey packages
BSI PAS 128 identifies four survey bands:
- Type D: A desk survey compiled from secondary data sources only
- Type C: A desk survey, plus a site visit for a visual check
- Type B: A geophysical survey (eg, using GPR)
- Type A: Visual inspection of assets and or trial holes
Our standard package could be considered a ‘Type B+’. We believe this offers the best aspects of PAS 128, including the desk survey, site check, GPR/EML survey, a visual check and documentation of inspection covers and manholes.
Related geospatial services
Our utility mapping surveys can be combined with a topographic survey, to give you a comprehensive survey product.